At the recent annual conference of the Society of Hospital Laundry & Linen Service Managers held in Dudley our own Steve Salt was elected onto the National Executive Committee of the Society.
As a company, AWB was founded prior to the Society and Steve is the first person from AWB to be elected onto the committee. We’re very proud of Steve and his achievement, and we’re excited to have the opportunity for our company to be represented at the ‘top table’ of the industry.
(Steve can be found in the front row, 2nd from the left)
What is the Society of Hospital Laundry & Linen Service Managers?
The society was setup in 1951 with the aim to be a leader in promoting state of the art provision of healthcare linen services and laundry through sharing knowledge and providing education for members so they can be competent in managing linen services and processing textiles.
The objectives of the Society are:
- To promote safe and effective decontamination of linens and uniforms to healthcare professionals.
- To promote best practice by facilitating networking opportunities
- To promote (and provide?) training in our sector
- To inform members of new and novel products and services via networking, forums and the website.
- To influence The Government and Procurement Authorities policy
- Be open, inclusive and transparent in communicating with members