Here is a step by step guide on how to take accurate measurements of your body; you might need someone else to help you with some of the measurements.
1. Use a flexible measuring tape
2. Measure around the base of your neck for an accurate neck measurement
3. To measure your chest wrap the tape measure under your armpits so that it comfortable goes around the fullest part of your chest.
4. To measure your sleeve length, bend your elbow and place your arm on your hip, then have someone measure from the top of your neck to the wrist by stretching the tape along the length of your arm, being sure to follow the bend in the arm.
5. For waist measurements wrap tape measure around your natural waist, (this is usually a couple of inches under your chest) do not suck your stomach in as this will not give a true reflection.
6. To measure your hips make sure you are standing up straight with your heels placed close together, wrap the tape measure around the fullest part of your hips and buttocks.
7. For measuring your height you will need the help of someone else, make sure you are standing up straight with your feet on flat ground and your back against. Ask your friend to take the tape, measuring from the bottom of your heels to the top of your head (to secure the tape at the floor, you might find it easier to step on the end of the tape so that your friend can then stretch the tape up towards your head.
8. To measure your dress length, you will need a friend to help you, asks your friend to hold the tape measure at the top centre of your shoulder and drag the tape measure over the front of your body over the fullest part of your chest and down to your preferred hemline.
9. For accurate leg measurements, again ask your friend to measure the tape from the top of your hips down to your heels or your preferred leg length.
Follow these steps to achieve accurate measurements.